This Privacy Statement forms part of Cathy’s Website, powered by Alpha91 Enterprises (Pty) Ltd. If you do not agree with any Terms of this Privacy Statement you must cease your access to this Website immediately.
- a visitor to our website; or
- a user/customer who registers for an account on Cathy’s by completing the appropriate form in order to access our services provided.
Personal information includes
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website or;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Personal information excludes:
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Examples of Personal Information that we may collect and process:
- Identifying information – such as your name, date of birth, or ID number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address; or
Sensitive personal information:
- Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal information including your: financial information – such as your bank account details.
- Sensitive information will never include information such as your personal account log-in details or your password-protected accounts in any matter.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your personal information; or if you are sharing the information of another’s data, where you have their permission to do so
- Definitions and Interpretation
1.1) Interpretation are the words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
1.2) Website means the website of Cathy’s Number Plates & Vehicle Registrations at URL www.cathys.co.za or such other URL as Cathy’s Website may choose from time to time.
1.3) Personal Information means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA), also bear in mind the latest updates of this said act, with commencement date 1 July 2021.
1.4) Processing means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and commencement 1 July 2021.
1.5) You or the user means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose. The individual accessing or using our services, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using our services, as applicable.
1.6) Account means a unique account created for you to access our services or parts of our services.
1.7) Company (referred to as either; the Company; we; us; or our; in this Agreement) refers to Cathy’s Number Plates & Vehicle Registrations, South Africa.
1.9) Country refers to South Africa
1.10) Device means any device that can access our services such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
1.11) Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
1.12) Service/s refers to the Website.
1.13) Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate our services, to provide our services on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to our services, or to assist the Company in analyzing how our services are used.
1.14) Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use our services.
1.15) Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of our services or from our services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
1.16) Flash Cookies mean local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our services. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
1.17) Flash Cookies mean local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our services. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
1.18) Web Beacons are small electronic files also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Status and Amendments
- Collecting, Processing, and Using Your Personal Data and Information
- 3.1)Types of Data Collected
In the course of providing a service to you, Cathy’s may ask for financial information (bank account details, credit card details, etc.) - Such information will be treated with the utmost privacy, will be stored encrypted on our systems, will only be communicated across a secure link and will not be provided to any third parties except where necessary to provide Cathy’s service to you. Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website. This personal information will/may include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- ID number and ID type;
- Photo on ID;
- Country of Registration;
- Bank Account details;
- Credit Card details;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password;
While using Our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name, and last name, Phone number, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City.
Usage data is collected automatically when using our services. Usage data may include information such as your device's internet protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access our services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique id, the
The IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. we may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our services or when you access our services by or through a mobile device.
d)Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/cookies/
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out:
- Necessary/essential cookies, session cookies, administered by us for the purpose: these cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
3.2. Types of Data Collected
a)The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes: To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
b)To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of our services. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of our services that are available to You as a registered user.
c)For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through our services.
d)To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
e)To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
f)To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
g)For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
h)For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing, and experience.
3.3) Processing of Your Personal Data
- By providing your personal information to Cathy’s you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by Cathy’s.
- Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number, and email address) via the website (e.g., through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- Cathy’s will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- Cathy’s will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or Cathy’s is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- Cathy’s will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- If personal information is released with your consent Cathy’s will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release, and the date of release, for 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- Cathy’s will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer needed by Cathy’s for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
3.4) Disclosure of Personal data and information
- Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
3.5) We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: to monitor and analyze the use of our services or to contact you.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements: The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services, protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public, Protect against legal liability.
- With your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Retention of Your Personal Data
4.2) The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
- Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The company and Alpha91 Enterprises Team takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
- Links to other websites